Singapore Island Tour
Service Code : 98
Brand Name : My Travel Bazaar
Singapore Island Tour; Gardens by the Bay, Kranji War Memorial and Changi Chapel Why book this tour
TOUR INFO Singapore is a land where mythology and modernity seamlessly blend into each other to create a place of fascination and intrigue for visitors. you would see Gardens by the Bay. The Kranji War Memorial is a sobering reminder of the horrors of WWII, while the Changi Chapel and Museum celebrate the triumph of the human spirit in the midst of utter hopelessness. The Johore Battery has a replicated 15-inch ‘Monster Gun’, the largest to be installed outside Britain during World War II. Learn about the unique blend of different cultures and discover the rich heritage of Singapore on this tour.
- Hotel pick up and drop off and round trip transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit a range of temples and museums which bring to life the heritage of Singapore
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included in the price
- Tour is led by an English speaking guide
ACTIVITY SCHEDULE When does it run? Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday Duration 7 hours Start time 0900h (09:00am) Meeting point Your City hotel only in Singapore.
(Hotel Pick-up time is half an hour before tour starting time.)
Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information now, please contact the local activity operator 72 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details. Ending point Tour returns to the original departure point
ITINERARY You will be picked up from your hotel in Singapore and taken in an air-conditioned coach for Singapore Island Tour. An English-speaking guide will accompany you on this ‘Round Island’ tour.
The tour highlights include: • Gardens by the Bay: You would enjoy the natural beauty of this garden.
• Kranji War Memorial: Unveiled in 1957, the memorial commemorates over 20,000 men and women who gave their lives for freedom in World War II. Lunch at a local restaurant.
• Bright Hill Temple: This is a famous Chinese ancestral worship place.
• Drive past the Johore Battery and view a replicated 15-inch ‘Monster Gun’, the largest to be installed outside Britain during World War II.
• Changi Chapel and Museum: The museum focuses on the memories and lives of both POWs and civilian internees who survived the Japanese occupation while the Changi Chapel is a symbolic replica of the original chapel found in the Changi Prison.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Singapore after approximately seven hours.